Examining the safety and storage of paper publication at vision group in the registry department
xmlui.mirage2.itemSummaryView.MetaDataShow full item record
The study aimed at examining the safety and storage of paper publications at Vision Group in the registry department in order to establish the best guidelines for safety and proper storage of the paper publications. The main objectives were to; analyze the different forms of paper publications stored at Vision Group in the registry, Examine the safety and storage practices of paper publications in the registry, Identify the challenges that hinder safety and proper storage of the paper publications at Vision Group in the registry and to Propose and recommend the best guidelines for safety and proper storage of paper publications at Vision Group in the registry. The study was both qualitative and quantitative and data was collected using the case study design. The non-probability sampling technique was used and Interview, observation and questionnaire method were used in data collection. The study found out that Newspapers occupied 70% of the storage space in the registry and the rest of other publications covered only 30%. Records at the organization were fully centralized and the current records were mixed with semi current records and archives. The study also found out that most of the paper publications lacked back up storage, the registry lacked adequate storage and filling equipments, and it also lacked clear policies on records management. The study concluded that the centralized system in the registry cannot enable vision group to effectively offer a high degree for control and security of the paper publications, the registry cannot be sufficient for storage of current, semi-current and archives and it can’t safely preserve the paper publications for future posterity or use without back up storage and adequate storage equipments. The study recommended that the registry department should adopt the use of a decentralized system, it should separate current records from other records, adopt the use of back up storage, purchase adequate filling and storage equipments and should as well put clear policies on records management.