Implementation of PDF to Audio Converter for visually impaired students
Marion, Queen Melissa
Nanteza, Jeanne Jacobet
MetadataShow full item record
The PDF to Audio Converter for the Visually Impaired is designed to enhance accessibility to education materials for individuals with visual impairments.It addresses the challenges faced by visually impaired users in accessing textual content present in PDF documents by providing a cost-effective, accessible, efficient, and user-friendly method of converting PDFs into audio format and interacting with reading material. In favour of the earlier assumed narrative based on previous studies, our findings indicated that there is need to develop an accessible, inclusive and, cost effective PDF to speech converter that will allow visually impaired students to access and read the same educational materials as their sighted peers. out of the 31 participants(i.e transcriber, readers and visually impaired students), 20 supported the need for the PDF to audio converter System, representing 66.7% of the total number of participants and the remaining 10 (33.3%) people proposing otherwise. In summary, the PDF to Audio converter system implements various techniques and libraries to automate the conversion process. It offers a simple user interface for uploading PDF files and selecting reading options. The converted audio files can be saved and downloaded for offline usage, providing flexibility and convenience.