The influence of Digital Technology on painting activities within selected areas of Kampala capital.
The study focused on investigating for the extend at which digital technology was of influence in painting activities within selected areas of kamala capital and it was guided by four major objectives namely; To find out the different types of digital media forms and tools that are being used by the 21st century painters in Kampala capital, To find out the different styles and techniques used by painters while using the digital format, To discover more on what is used as a subject matter during the digital painting process, To also find out the different challenges faced by the different classes of painters while using the digital format for painting. The study was carried out for a time duration of one week within the geographical scope of Kawempe division in Kampala capital on an operation between 2016 and 2017. Using a descriptive cross-sectional research design with a sample population size of about ten respondents, data was collected using observation, sampling, questionnaire, and, interview method, the final report showed that 85% of the painting students at MTSIFA still prefer to paint using the traditional method while the remaining 15% prefer to paint using the virtual. Simply because the modern day tools and materials that can be used for digital painting is a bit more expensive compared to the physical brushes, paints and canvas used for traditional painting. Therefor in conclusion, it was recommended that before embracing the virtual, painters should be well verse with the traditional painting techniques in order to get the best results.